Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sweet child of mine...


My sweet daughter...

Still to this day and forever on, I marvel at the variaty that is you.

The way you giggle and tell me I´m silly when I make faces to amuse you.

The way your eyebrows rise when you get surprised or excited.
The way you so very wisely tell me "mommy. Let´s go look at the toys. I´ll tell you which ones I want for christmas" (or, birthday or just because). Never nagging for me to buy you stuff.

The way you smile at me and wave when I drop you off at preschool, and you whisper as I leave the coat-room "mommy, tip-toe like a shrimp and wave to me". Naturally I do, because I know how funny you think that is. I don´t know how or even if shrimps actually do tip-toe, but I do it anyway and smile when I see your face through the window, telling your friends "my mommy is silly" and smile that perfect, beautiful smile.

The way you tell me "I don´t want to clean my room, I´m too little, it´s very exhausting"

The way you ask me, "mommy, can I have hot chocolate for breakfast" and put your tiny hands in prayer.

The way you come in, carrying the cat. Excitingly saying "look, I know how to carry Simba. I´m a big girl now"

The way you cry "I don´t want to go to the store, it not fun for children"

Your sweet, perfect face. Your innocent eyes. Your un-marked body. Your fingernails with traces of nailpolish on them. Your hair with highlights from the summer sun.

I love you, my daughter, and the way we create memories. Today, when we played Kim Possible in the grocery store, hiding behind shelfes. Our picnic behind the house, in the forrest. Our forrest that we´re now leaving for another place and new memories.

Most of all I love you because you are you and the sweet way you say

"mommy, I love you"

No comments:

Post a Comment